menu Settings > Configuration
Contains a number of default settings for new projects and project versions, such as the database, languages, RDBMS type, server, folders, sub name group and email notification settings. Here you can also specify which platforms must be available by default.
- The Company name is used as the default project title, and in the splash screen at your application's startup.
- The Fallback language is applied when a user has selected a language that is not available for the application. See: Application languages.
- The RDBMS type. This is the relational database management system.
- The Project folder. This is the location on disk where files, for example reports and icons, are stored.
- The Sub name group (optional). If no sub name group is selected in the default configuration, a new sub name group will be created for this project. For more information on sub names, see Naming.
- Code review required - Not every project requires a code review. Uncheck this setting to hide the tasks for (dis)approving code and the validations regarding the not yet (dis)approved code. See also Code review.
- Translation review required - Not every project requires a translations review. Uncheck this setting to hide the tasks for (dis)approving translations and the validations regarding the not yet (dis)approved translations. See also Translation review.
Default settings for new projects
menu Settings > Users
Provides an overview of the registered users of the Software Factory development environment, including their roles (Analyst, Designer, Developer, Reviewer, Tester). Users are added automatically on first login.
menu Settings > Supplement workshop
These Supplement workshop tasks are intended for training purposes only.