menu Maintenance > Hotfixes
Shows a list with all hotfixes that are available for download for the current Software Factory version.
Hotfixes that are already installed have the Applied checkbox selected.
menu Maintenance > Configuration
Contains a number of default settings for new models and branches, such as the database, languages, RDBMS type, server, folders, sub name group and email notification settings. Here you can also specify which platforms must be available by default.
- The Company name is used as the default model title, and in the splash screen at your application's startup.
- The Fallback language is applied when a user has selected a language that is not available for the application. See: Application languages.
- The RDBMS type. This is the relational database management system.
- The Model folder spec.. This is the location on disk that is used for temporarily storing:
- Program objects for the Functionality modeler.
- Branch exports (model.dat files).
- GUI theme exports.
- The Deployer manifest.
- The Sub name group (optional). If no subname group is selected in the default configuration, a new subname group will be created for this model. For more information on subnames, see Subnames.
- Code review required - Not every model requires a code review. Clear this setting to hide the tasks for (dis)approving code and the validations regarding the not yet (dis)approved code. See also Code review.
- Use AI review - To use AI code review, select both Code review required and Use AI review. This setting applies to the whole environment and cannot be disabled for specific models and branches. Clear this setting to hide the option to do an AI review on control procedures. See also AI code review.
- Translation review required - Not every model requires a translations review. Clear this setting to hide the tasks for (dis)approving translations and the validations regarding the not yet (dis)approved translations. See also Translation review.
- Job retention (in days) - The Software Factory uses Jobs to ensure that processes like Generate definition and Validate definition are run by Indicium. However, the job information is usually not important enough to store for a longer period of time. Here, you can enter the number of days you wish to store the information. The default value is 14 (days). Every day at 8:00 PM UTC, the Software Factory's clean-up process will remove all related data for finished jobs that have exceeded the job retention period.
- Start with Quality dashboard - Disable if the Software Factory should not start with opening the Quality dashboard. See the Quality dashboard manual.
Default settings for new models
See Runtime configurations in the Deployment manual.
When synchronizing the Software Factory to IAM (see Synchronization to IAM), the default Target IAM is used. You can set the default and other possible configurations here:
menu Maintenance > IAM configurations
To set the default IAM configuration:
- Select the Target IAM you wish to make the default.
- Execute the Set default target IAM task .
IAM Configurations are very similar to Runtime configurations. The difference is that runtime configurations can only name end-product databases of which the Software Factory holds its model. Therefore, runtime configurations cannot be used for synchronizing to IAM.
IAM configurations and default Target IAM
Custom pool user setUniversal GUI
When using the Software Factory in Universal GUI, you can store the pool user credentials in IAM or the Software Factory. These credentials will be safely encrypted and used instead of the credentials stored in Indiciums appsettings.json file.
See Store pool user credentials encrypted in the Indicium deployment manual.
menu Maintenance > Jobs
Provides an overview of all started Creation jobs. By default, only running jobs are visible. Here, you can cancel and abort jobs and view errors.
For more information, see Creation job overview in the Deployment manual.
menu Maintenance > Users
Provides an overview of the registered users of the Software Factory development environment, including their roles (Analyst, Designer, Developer, Reviewer, Tester). Users are added automatically on first login.
See also: Active runtime configurations per user.
In the Universal GUI, field Name is used to display the logged-in user.
menu Maintenance > Supplement workshop
These Supplement workshop tasks are intended for training purposes only.