Before starting a model, especially when working on the same model with a team of people, it is useful to agree to a number of basic rules and conventions.
For example, specify choices for:
Language to be used
Requirements - which language best guarantees the clarity of the requirements?
Data model - important because reports can be directly created on the database, for instance.
- Thinkwise screens are constructed relatively and therefore always work, but they can be optimized for specific resolutions.
Use of one sub-name group for all models
- A sub-name group (list with used terms) is useful if there are different applications with the same topics. In that case, a company standard can be established.
Use of shortcuts for tasks, reports and filters
- Use of Alt, Ctrl+Alt, Ctrl+Shift, etc. for standard tasks for copying, editing and removing, standard reports and common prefilters, for example, for statuses.
- Standard color combinations, formatting across cell or row and font or background color
- House style, color schemes and icon set for tables, tasks, reports and prefilters