The code search screen allows you to search for keywords throughout the code of your application. It will search in control procedures, templates, prefilters, calculated fields and validations.
menu Business logic > Code search
Enter a Search string.
If necessary, select search options:
- Whole words only
- Extend search to generated objects
- Extend search to generated code
- Extend search to inactive code
- Extend search to history tables.
Execute the Search code task and inspect the results.
Optionally, execute one of the following tasks to view the result of the code search a different screen:
- To view the corresponding control procedure in the Functionality screen, execute the task Go to control procedure in Functionality . This task is only available if the search result is in either the Control procedure group or the Template code group.
- To view the selected template in the Functionality screen, execute the task Go to template in Functionality
This task is only available if the search result is in the Template code group.
To view the object in the Code Overview screen, execute the task Go to object in Code overview . In the Code Overview, you can regenerate a program object's source code and execute it to the database. See also the Code overview guide.This task is only available if the search result is in the *Program object generated code* group and concerns a program object that is connected to a model object. You cannot navigate to the *Code overview* screen for program object such as create or upgrade scripts.
If control procedures or underlying templates are in development or review and you are not the responsible developer, hits are shown in red. Any hits on control procedure- or template code for inactive control procedures are shown in grey.