Introduction to system flows
menu Analysis > Scheduled system flows
The Scheduled system flows screen in IAM provides an overview of all scheduled system flows. It is also available as a tab in the Applications menu.
Tab List shows the system flows that have been synchronized to IAM.
- By default, only system flows with an active schedule are shown but by disabling the Active prefilter all system flows will be shown.
- The task Reset to default schedule will set the schedule to the default that was specified in the Software Factory.
- The task Disable schedule will clear any active schedules for the system flow.
System flow overview
Available schedules for a system flow
menu Analysis > Scheduled system flows > tab Schedules
Tab Schedules shows all available schedules for the selected system flow. The form on the right displays when the schedule will be run.
- To change the active schedule, you can use the task Activate schedule .
Overview of schedules for the system flow
Schedule log settings
menu Analysis > Scheduled system flows > tab Schedule log
The tab Schedule log shows a log of all schedules that have been run previously, along with the UTC start and end times of the run.
The Software Factory uses system flows for Creation and Deployment steps. As a result, the process flow schedule log in IAM receives log items every 10 seconds. This takes up database space, and it may not be necessary to keep the log items for a long time.
Therefore, Limited log retention is enabled by default. This means that a system flow automatically empties the log every five minutes up to a set minimum amount of log items.
Set the minimum amount of log items
menu Settings > Global settings
- In field Log retention (items), set the minimum amount of items you wish to keep in IAM's schedule log. This value is set to 100 items by default but can be changed. Since the log is also used by Indicium, one item is the minimum amount.
Disable the limited log retention
Disabling the limited log retention for a system flow means that all its log items are preserved.
menu Authorization > Applications > tab Scheduled system flows > tab Schedule log > tab List
- Select the system flow and execute the Turn off log retention use task.
menu Analysis > Scheduled system flows > tab List
Select the system flow for which you want to preserve all log items.
Navigate to tab Schedule log.
Execute the Turn off log retention use task.
Speed up SQL performance (schedule as system flow)
The Software Factory (sqlserver_sf) application in the Intelligent Application Manager contains a system flow called
It will run the
tsf_optimize procedure according to its active custom schedule.
By default, this system flow does not have a schedule. If you would like to use it, you need to add a custom schedule in IAM:
menu Authorization > Applications > tab Scheduled system flows
- Disable the prefilter Active to make the system flow
- Select the system flow and create a custom schedule.
- In tab Schedules, activate your schedule to let Indicium run this system flow at the indicated intervals.
tsf_optimize is a procedure inside the SQLSERVER_DB base model.
It can speed up the performance of SQL Server when many indexes are fragmented and statistics outdated. Running this procedure does two things:
- It collects all indexes of the database that have an average fragmentation of 15% or higher and have over 1000 pages. Each index will be reorganized if the fragmentation is lower than 30% to use minimal system resources. When the fragmentation is 30% or higher, the index will be rebuilt.
- It collects all statistics of all user-created tables that have been modified at least once. These collected statistics will then be updated using FULLSCAN.
Schedule the system flow for run_tsf_optimize