Using the Dynamic model screen, the model of an application can be modified via so-called Meta control procedures containing SQL code. The entire model can be expanded with specific functionality or concepts without this having to be set up for each table separately, and the model will automatically be kept consistent with these concepts.
Using dynamic model concepts, you can, for example:
- Add trace columns to all current and future tables, including the functionality to update those columns
- Add an update counter column to tables
- Create specific indexes on tables
- Add logging tables and triggers
- Create archiving tables and functionality
- Add authorization prefilters to all tables
Meta control procedures use queries to enrich the model of the Software Factory on the database. Please contact your Thinkwise representative if you want more information on writing queries for dynamic model concepts.
Control procedure in the Dynamic model screen